This the one question which is asked at nearly every appointment, oh sorry am I allowed to take a picture?
I read a blog recently from another bridal boutique addressing the same issue, its funny as I totally disagreed with everything I read in the blog!
Most boutiques won’t allow a bride to have photographs in the dresses they have tried. A lot of boutiques say a bride will try a dress they love and try find something similar elsewhere for cheaper or change their mind about the dress when they see the picture.
Yes we do allow photographs!
Here are a few reasons why it IS good to have that picture.
- BUDGET! We ask your budget for a reason. So many times we hear a bride has fallen in love with a 4K wedding dress yet her budget was only 1.5K, now that bride has just had her dreams shattered. Here at Evelyn we will go through styles you like and your budget. Every single bride has a different budget for her own reason and we are here to help and accommodate each and every single one of you the best we can. We have ready to take away sale dresses starting from £299, and new to order dresses going up-to £1600. We show you all the styles and dresses we have that you like all within your budget. We do everything we can to help each one of our brides. These days there are so many different designers, styles and dresses. We are here to help you on your bridal journey by helping you find the one.
- You will sneak a picture anyway! When we ask how you are getting on? Have you been to try? And what are you liking? A usual response is oh they didn’t let us take a picture, followed by oh we got a sneaky one though. When you tell a toddler no, that usually means of course they go ahead and do it more. If you’ve been told no, when that stylist goes off to get you another dress to try, of course one of your family or friends will try grab you a sneaky one for you. But do you think that sneaky pic looking up at you standing awkwardly will look good?
- Family are rubbish photographers. It’s always about the angles! You know the photos on Facebook you get tagged in and hate compared to the gorgeous selfies you get of yourself, its because you know your angles and your good side! A family member is usually the one sat in the chair in the corner looking up at you when your not looking standing awkwardly, photographing you from straight on with bad shadowing across your face. Trust us we know what we are doing! I am also a wedding photographer so know all about posing brides in flattering positions, good lighting and angles, it makes everything!! So many brides will say oh wow is that me! You have to work with the brides body showing off their best bits.
- Capture that feeling. They say you cant capture how you feel when you’re stood in that dress. I mean no the dress wont fit properly as it hasn’t been adjusted to fit you, it might not fasten up, or those big ugly clips pulling it in. Your hair maybe scrapped on top of your head and wearing no makeup but when you get that feeling and know its right you can see past all that. Your body language tells us you love the dress. Let us capture that picture for you, don’t worry we don’t have to get your no makeup face in. You may need the picture as a reference for later when matching up shoes, and sorting your hair or jewellery. I always tell my brides you need to love your dress when you look down at yourself, when you look in the mirror and on a picture! You get 3 different looks and you need to love them all. Let us work our magic and capture that picture for you so you get to see how that dress sits on you
- I cant remember. Trying on dresses can be a midfield! How can you remember what each one looks like when you’ve tried on so many. A lot of brides can find it a little overwhelming and need time to process their thoughts and feelings. Some times a bride can be torn between n different styles or neck lines. having the photos side by side to look at sometimes it’s a lot clearer to see which is the right one.
- Look at the designer image. Now we know the designers photos are there to show off the dresses. but we also don’t all look like the ladies on those images. We are all different heights and shape, hair colour and complexion. Where a waist or neckline sits on one person may look differently on you. Every dress I have ever put on a bride will look completely different to the next lady who tries it on. Your personality shines through and individually styles the dress differently
Not every bride will put on a dress and immediately say yes, Its a big deal so the decision needs to be right. If we can help capture that right photo for you in the dress, and make you feel amazing then yes you can have that photograph!
Here at Evelyn we want to ensure you have the best bridal experience possible and help you in every way possible on your wedding dress journey in helping you to find then one!
Hope to see you all soon ladies
Love Team Evelyn
x X x